The information in this blog will tell you about real vitamin D (best source is from real cod liver oil), real supplements from plant, animal and glandular extracts; and antimicrobials to kill germs, and fungus in your sinuses, throat, bronchi, and lungs.
As for antibiotics for these problems, most of Europe has trended away from prescription antibiotics. They rarely help relieve symptoms or resolve the sinusitis sooner. they can be harmful. And they contribute to the overall antibiotic abuse problem world-wide. The newest study on antibiotics and sinusitis shows that 10 days of amoxicillin versus a placebo showed no difference! To reference all the studies, go to www.thennt.com for real numbers. The results of all the studies show that 93.2% of people show no benefit, 6.8% show slight improvement, 12.5% are harmed, and 1.4% can’t tolerate the drugs!….and the what were the effects on their digestive tract?…but that is a subject perhaps for another blog!
Vitamin D is a critical nutrient. It is anticancer. It is an essential part of your hormone balance. It is a building block to prevent and treat chronic colds, flu, bronchitis and pneumonia.
Here are a few things that the immunology experts are saying:
- Vitamin D directly and favorably affects the cells of your immune system, including monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, and T cells (all immune cells that fight infection and disease).
- When it comes to your immune system, vitamins A and D take center stage by influencing dozens of immune system reactions and responses to bacteria, viruses, and fungi. (1) The technical names for just some of the cells and immune functions that vitamin D favorably affects are T cells, B cells, calcitriol (which regulates over 100 genes), monocytes, interleukin-1, interleukin-17, interferon, CD4 and CD8 cells, plasma cells, and immunoglobulin.
- Vitamin D suppresses inflammation (the source of most of your suffering) in the sinuses as well as your nasal and breathing membranes.
- Vitamin D levels are consistently lower in patients who suffer from chronic sinus problems, sinusitis, sinus infection, rhinosinusitis, and even nasal polyps.
DO NOT TAKE STORE-BOUGHT VITAMIN D: Studies are showing that synthetic or high doses of vitamin D can cause problems. Some of these problems relate to calcification in your body. That means that hardening of the arteries might worsen, kidney stones might form, and artery blockages to your heart could worsen. these problems are rare, but real. That is why you must get vitamin D from whole food sources such as the cod liver oil bases product that we carry called ” Ultra D 5000″…..Unfortunately, most cod liver oils are now industrially produced from the livers of inferior fish. The oil is heavily treated, with most brands removing the natural vitamins A and D and adding back synthetic versions.
Some of the other products that we use in addition (per my testing) and are effective (that my patients routinely test for) and produce great healing results (in addition to vitamin A and D) are Immuplex, Congaplex, Andrographis, Antrones, Albizia, Fung DX and Ultra VirX.
So please don’t hesitate to ask regarding what we can do with you when you feel the first signs of a cold, sinus infection, bronchitis or any other type of respiratory flus.
(1) Abuzeid, W.M., Akbar,N, A., Zacharek, M.A., “Vitamin D and chronic rhinitis,” Current opinion in Allergy & Clinical Immunology, February 2012; 12 (1): 13-17.